You are most likely aware of the operational discipline known as Lean Management. It’s fascinating stuff, especially if you work within the Enrollment Management space. After this quick history lesson, you’ll see why.
Why hunt for more leads when you can improve lead conversion instead?
This article was originally published in Career Education Review on February 13, 2019.
We gave a talk at a conference recently. We began by asking a question to the audience:
Imagine you are running a marketing department (most in the room were) and you’re only allowed to be excellent at one skill set – and mediocre at the rest – to help you meet your objectives. Which of the following would you choose, and why?
- Extraordinary design skills
- Tremendous copywriting or persuasive communication skills
- Permission to split test ideas without fear of failure
- Excellent brand-building social media campaigns
- Effective media buying and the ability to find pools of interest
We have a management philosophy that my business colleague, Gregg, came up with called “Reach within Grasp.” It means we ask ourselves: “If we take on a project, can we finish it?” This may seem like an obvious question, but I’m frequently surprised by how many projects get started, by myself or by clients, that can’t reasonably be finished.
It’s shocking how little effort it actually takes to be more successful than your competition. In this episode, Gregg, Shane, and Tom of Enrollment Resources are joined by special guest Brian Willett to show you how your school can catapult over your rivals through strategic and compounding one percent improvements!
- The unfortunate reason why second best is actually the first loser
- How to start making 1% improvements by rethinking the habits you take for granted
- The specific, easy and immediate ways your school can make 1% improvements to increase your conversion rates TODAY
I have a story about ‘1%’ and how it can be the difference between mediocrity and excellence for a school.
The role of an Admissions Director is not to grow sales, but to grow their people! Click play now to learn the 10 essential things every DOA needs to successfully build a dynamic Admissions team while also driving revenue and team development. Read more
#216-611 Brookside Road
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada V9C 0C3
Office Hours: Mon to Fri, 8:00 – 4:00 PST